Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Mike Perham <Mi...@webifysolutions.com> on 2005/09/24 18:07:22 UTC

[m2b1] tests not seeing classes?

I have a project which is compiling some Hibernate beans into
target/classes and then running an integration test with Derby to ensure
that the database creation and simple queries work, etc.

2750 [main] ERROR net.sf.hibernate.proxy.LazyInitializer  - CGLIB
Enhancement failed
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
com.webify.framework.triples.beans.DateLiteralBean
        at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredMethods(Class.java:1655)
        at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethod(Class.java:1262)
        at
net.sf.cglib.proxy.Enhancer.getCallbacksSetter(Enhancer.java:558)

But when I look in target/classes, the classes are right where they are
expected.

 Directory of ...\target\classes\com\webify\framework\triples\beans

09/23/2005  11:41 AM             1,208 DateLiteralBean.class
09/23/2005  11:41 AM             1,336 DateLiteralBean.hbm.xml

I suspect Maven2 is the problem only because this project compiles and
the tests pass perfectly when I use our current ant-based build system.

I tried -X to get more debugging but it didn't print out the test
classpath.  Is there a way to see the surefire classpath when the tests
are run?  Any advice on how to debug this issue would be appreciated.

mike

Re: [m2b1] tests not seeing classes?

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
On Sat, 2005-09-24 at 11:07 -0500, Mike Perham wrote:
> I have a project which is compiling some Hibernate beans into
> target/classes and then running an integration test with Derby to ensure
> that the database creation and simple queries work, etc.

Are these generated classes? I don't use hibernate so not familiar with
how it works.

> 2750 [main] ERROR net.sf.hibernate.proxy.LazyInitializer  - CGLIB
> Enhancement failed
> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
> com.webify.framework.triples.beans.DateLiteralBean
>         at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethods0(Native Method)
>         at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredMethods(Class.java:1655)
>         at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethod(Class.java:1262)
>         at
> net.sf.cglib.proxy.Enhancer.getCallbacksSetter(Enhancer.java:558)
>
> But when I look in target/classes, the classes are right where they are
> expected.
>
>  Directory of ...\target\classes\com\webify\framework\triples\beans
>
> 09/23/2005  11:41 AM             1,208 DateLiteralBean.class
> 09/23/2005  11:41 AM             1,336 DateLiteralBean.hbm.xml
>
> I suspect Maven2 is the problem only because this project compiles and
> the tests pass perfectly when I use our current ant-based build system.
>
> I tried -X to get more debugging but it didn't print out the test
> classpath.  Is there a way to see the surefire classpath when the tests
> are run?  Any advice on how to debug this issue would be appreciated.
>
> mike

jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason at maven.org
http://maven.apache.org

you are never dedicated to something you have complete confidence in.
No one is fanatically shouting that the sun is going to rise tomorrow.
They know it is going to rise tomorrow. When people are fanatically
dedicated to political or religious faiths or any other kind of
dogmas or goals, it's always because these dogmas or
goals are in doubt.

  -- Robert Pirzig, Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance