Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Konstadinis Euaggelos <Va...@eurodyn.com> on 2003/07/29 09:56:20 UTC

Development time using Struts,

Hi to all,  I want to raise a question here about development time using Struts,

I am using Struts about 4-months now,
I found it a very good framework for developing web-applications,  but the devolpment time in contrary with the  classicc way(jsp, serlvet)
is much more using Struts.

Also i find it useless when you use ejb in your applications, you have to make  "MANY" iteration to pass parameters & results from front-end to back-end and vice-versa, which of cource costs to much in performance.

I would like to hear other struts-developers for their experience.

Vangos.

RE: Development time using Struts,

Posted by Navjot Singh <na...@net4india.net>.
I agree with puneet saying that struts does saves a lot of time in
development of large apps. After all, frameworks are meant to provide a set
of services and also defines the boundaries of the system in which the app
developer should put his/her efforts in.

Even with frameworks around, developers need to have standard practice of
coding so as to keep the code flows almost same for the entire app. With
that in place, it's merely copy and paste for the routine jobs and you get
more time to focus on the actual business logic. However, good IDEs also
save lot of time.

So, if you know a framework that suits your needs, it WILL save lots of
time.

regards
Navjot Singh