Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Mathur, Himanshu (GE, Corporate, consultant)" <Hi...@ge.com> on 2017/01/12 16:30:19 UTC

Tomcat compatibility based on OS

Hi -
I am looking to download open source Apache Tomcat 8.x version for Oracle Linux Server release 5.11
But I am struggling to get a compatibility matrix of open source Tomcat based on its supported OS.
Can you please help me here?!!?
Below is the Apache Tomcat Versions matrix showing JSP/Servlet specs.
Similarly can I get one for OS.
Apache Tomcat Versions
Apache Tomcat(r) is an open source software implementation of the Java Servlet and JavaServer Pages technologies. Different versions of Apache Tomcat are available for different versions of the Servlet and JSP specifications. The mapping between the specifications and the respective Apache Tomcat versions is:
Servlet Spec

JSP Spec

EL Spec

WebSocket Spec