Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Andreas Axelsson <an...@combination.se> on 2010/01/07 09:31:44 UTC

Shared resolution cache?

For various reasons I'm experimenting with sharing the resolution cache for several projects and while I've seen a number of posts discouraging that behavior, I'd still like to hear what you think about setting it up like this:

1.       Enable some locking strategy

2.       Disable sync, always just add new files

3.       Use the version component of the path during retrieve, ${some.dir}/[module]/[version]/[artifact].[ext], so that different versions of the same file never conflicts

4.       Optionally make sure parallel concurrent runs don't share the resolution cache, just sequential runs.

Cheers,
/axl