Posted to users@maven.apache.org by João Pereira <jo...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/21 03:02:56 UTC

Is maven so inflexible?

Hello,
Fisrt I used to love maven, at this moment I'm not sure.

I have a folder with a bunch of jars+wsdls+properties that need to be in the
class path for my project compile in maven. How I do that without having to
deploy each jar to the local repository or a remote repository? How do I
deal with the wsdl files?

--
João Miguel Pereira, PMP
http://jpereira.eu

Re: Is maven so inflexible?

Posted by "David C. Hicks" <dh...@i-hicks.org>.
I think the maven-dependency-plugin is probably what you need to use, in
this case.

Re: Is maven so inflexible?

Posted by João Pereira <jo...@gmail.com>.
Here's the scenario

Re: Is maven so inflexible?

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.

Re: Is maven so inflexible?

Posted by "David C. Hicks" <dh...@i-hicks.org>.

RE: Is maven so inflexible?

Posted by Bryan Loofbourrow <br...@amdocs.com>.
> Fisrt I used to love maven, at this moment I'm not sure.
>
> I have a folder with a bunch of jars+wsdls+properties that need to be in
> the class path for my project compile in maven. How I do that without having
> to deploy each jar to the local repository or a remote repository?

IMO, you don't. The best thing about Maven is that it brings order to the chaos that came before it, with respect to orderly management of dependencies. The existence of free-floating jars in a folder somewhere is exactly the sort of chaos that Maven was designed to bring order to. Deploy them to a repository.

> How do I
> deal with the wsdl files?

Put them in a jar and deploy them to a repository? Seriously. If you need them to compile your project, then your project depends on them. Maven provides ways to declare and manage such a relationship. Why not use it, rather than seek to bypass it?

Re: Is maven so inflexible?

Posted by João Pereira <jo...@gmail.com>.