Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Sergei P. Volin" <sv...@ttk.ru> on 2003/05/02 21:07:42 UTC

Unable to compile class for JSP

Hi all!

I upgraded Tomcat to ver. 4.1.24 in Windows and got 'Unable to compile class for JSP' error which points to invalid flag value - 'E:\Program' - possibly because of missing qoutes for classpath for javac.

Who does know how Tomcat send options to javac - how can I check it? I did nothing unusual - I installed Tomcat many times in 'Program File' and have never seen this error before. What could I do wrong?

Sergei.

An error occurred at line: -1 in the jsp file: null

Generated servlet error:
    [javac] Since fork is true, ignoring compiler setting.
    [javac] Compiling 1 source file
    [javac] Since fork is true, ignoring compiler setting.
    [javac] javac: invalid flag: E:\Program
    [javac] Usage: javac
    [javac] where possible options include:
    [javac]   -g                        Generate all debugging info
    [javac]   -g:none                   Generate no debugging info
    [javac]   -g:{lines,vars,source}    Generate only some debugging info
    [javac]   -nowarn                   Generate no warnings
    [javac]   -verbose                  Output messages about what the compiler is doing
    [javac]   -deprecation              Output source locations where deprecated APIs are used
    [javac]   -classpath          Specify where to find user class files
    [javac]   -sourcepath         Specify where to find input source files
    [javac]   -bootclasspath      Override location of bootstrap class files
    [javac]   -extdirs            Override location of installed extensions
    [javac]   -d             Specify where to place generated class files
    [javac]   -encoding       Specify character encoding used by source files
    [javac]   -source          Provide source compatibility with specified release
    [javac]   -target          Generate class files for specific VM version
    [javac]   -help                     Print a synopsis of standard options

Re: Unable to compile class for JSP

Posted by "Sergei P. Volin" <sv...@ttk.ru>.
It seems a bug of Tomcat 4.1.24 - I have just read this message from
tomcat-dev -
http://www.mail-archive.com/tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org/msg42755.html
I used Tomcat 4.1.18 before.
OS    Windows XP