Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com> on 2013/09/05 00:47:40 UTC

Password prompt like nine times

Hi,

I think this has been discussed a few times on the list before.

When I start up the CSMS, I get prompted for my password about nine times.

I thought updating the sudoers file would fix this, but it still happens.

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks!

--
*Mike Tutkowski*
e: mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com

RE: Password prompt like nine times

Posted by Rajesh Battala <ra...@citrix.com>.
Hi Mike,

I too had faced this issue long back, after changing my sudoers file it never appeared.
Here is my sudoers file content.  Am running jetty from rajesh user.

"
Defaults        env_reset

# Host alias specification

# User alias specification

# Cmnd alias specification

# User privilege specification
root    ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL
rajesh  ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL
# Members of the admin group may gain root privileges
%admin ALL=(ALL) ALL

# Allow members of group sudo to execute any command
%sudo   ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL
%rajesh ALL=(ALL:ALL) ALL
#includedir /etc/sudoers.d
rajesh ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD:ALL
"

Thanks
Rajesh Battala

Posted by Ian Duffy <ia...@ianduffy.ie>.

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.
Interesting, Ian.

Posted by Ian Duffy <ia...@ianduffy.ie>.

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.

On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 6:39 PM, Mike Tutkowski <mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.

Posted by Mike Tutkowski <mi...@solidfire.com>.
Thanks, everyone!

Posted by Tracy Phillips <tr...@mantoso.com>.

Posted by Tracy Phillips <tr...@mantoso.com>.
>From my /etc/sudoers (btw, use visudo to edit with)

cloud ALL =NOPASSWD : ALL

In my /etc/sudoers.d/cloudstack

cloud ALL =NOPASSWD : ALL

Seems redundant but that was what the install script put in.

Posted by sebgoa <ru...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kelven Yang <ke...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Tracy Phillips <tr...@mantoso.com>.
On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 6:47 PM, Mike Tutkowski <mike.tutkowski@solidfire.com