Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by rajesh202023 <ra...@rediffmail.com> on 2008/11/12 09:18:33 UTC

Tomcat 6 startup error

Hi All,

I am getting the following error when I try to start Tomcat 6. I am new to
Tomcat.

Nov 12, 2008 12:31:12 PM org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap
initClassLoaders
SEVERE: Class loader creation threw exception
java.io.IOException: Invalid argument
	at java.io.WinNTFileSystem.canonicalize0(Native Method)
	at java.io.Win32FileSystem.canonicalize(Unknown Source)
	at java.io.File.getCanonicalPath(Unknown Source)
	at
org.apache.catalina.startup.ClassLoaderFactory.createClassLoader(ClassLoaderFactory.java:200)
	at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.createClassLoader(Bootstrap.java:173)
	at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.initClassLoaders(Bootstrap.java:91)
	at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.init(Bootstrap.java:206)
	at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:390)

What could be the issue? Please let me know ASAP.

--Raj

RE: Tomcat 6 startup error

Posted by "Caldarale, Charles R" <Ch...@unisys.com>.
> From: rajesh202023 [mailto:rajesh202023@rediffmail.com]
> Subject: Tomcat 6 startup error
>
> I am getting the following error when I try to start Tomcat 6.

What exact version of Tomcat?

What JVM are you using?

Which version of Windows are you using?

Supplying adequate information and being precise will get you answers; asking for something ASAP will only annoy.  If you want help ASAP, pay for it.

 - Chuck