Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by David Elliot <js...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2000/12/11 00:18:30 UTC

SSL 3 Client Authentication w/ 3.2 or 4.0 ??

Hi all,

I have a question regarding client authentication over
SSL with the Tomcat servers.  Firstly, I cannot seem
to get Tomcat 3.2 (final) to work with any SSL3
clients with client auth turned on...  This includes
Netscape>4, IE>4, and the openssl client (all Win32,
except openssl client on linux).  The SSL negotiation
simply fails (fairly early on when watching it with
openssl debug on) and the server reports the following
error:

Ctx( ): 400 R( /) null
IOException in: R ( /) Socket closed