Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Diane Holt <ho...@yahoo.com> on 2001/06/26 00:49:31 UTC

Re: property setting

--- "J. Michael Caine" <jm...@alum.rpi.edu> wrote:
> why does "message = red" always get printed here?  shouldn't "message =
> green" be printed?
>
> <project name="test">
> 	<property name="color" value="red"/>
> 	<target name="bogus">
> 		<property name="color" value="green"/>
> 		<echo message="message = ${color}"/>
> 	</target>
> </project>

Nope -- once a property is set, it can't be reset, except when using the
<antcall>/<ant> tasks. See the doc for info on those tasks.

P.S. This type of question should really go to ant-user.

Diane

=====
(holtdl@yahoo.com)

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

RE: property setting

Posted by "J. Michael Caine" <jm...@alum.rpi.edu>.
thank you.
i realize this ought to be an ant-user post.  my mistake.  sorry for
littering this group.