Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by mufc_fan <ra...@gmail.com> on 2014/08/18 07:15:11 UTC

Zookeeper co-ordination service

I am new to zookeeper and from the documentation I came to know that
"ZooKeeper is a centralized service for maintaining configuration
information, naming, providing distributed synchronization, and providing
group services"
Please anyone explain me with simple examples for maintaining configuration

Re: Zookeeper co-ordination service

Posted by mufc_fan <ra...@gmail.com>.
Thank u for ur response...I am new to Information technology. So only I asked
practical examples for how zookeeper co-ordinates configuration information,
naming, providing distributed synchronization, and providing group services
in hadoop..

Re: Zookeeper co-ordination service

Posted by Tsuyoshi OZAWA <oz...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

How about reading code of Apache Curator? It includes lots examples
and production-ready usage of ZooKeeper.
http://curator.apache.org/

Thanks,
- Tsuyoshi

On Mon, Aug 18, 2014 at 2:15 PM, mufc_fan <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I am new to zookeeper and from the documentation I came to know that
> "ZooKeeper is a centralized service for maintaining configuration
> information, naming, providing distributed synchronization, and providing
> group services"
> Please anyone explain me with simple examples for maintaining configuration
> information, naming, providing distributed synchronization, and providing
> group services...

- Tsuyoshi