Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Shantanu Sen <ss...@pacbell.net> on 2004/09/14 03:45:28 UTC

question regarding building the 1.2 beta 3 version

I downloaded the 1.2 beta3 snapshot of the source code
and did a 'ant dist'. The axis.jar that was built is
missing some classes related to
axis/transport/http/CommonsHttpSender and since this
is not there (and so I thought looking at the
build.xml) a bunch of files from transport/mail
directory are also missing.

Any reason why the commons-httpclient does not get
built by default?  I had to download the
commons-httpclient-2.0.1.jar and point my classpath to
this in order to get the CommonsHttpSender classes to
be built, but even then a bunch of files still do not
get built into the axis.jar distribution. These are:

axis/components/image/jimiio.class
axis/components/script/bcf.class
axis/transport/mail/Handler.class
axis/transport/mail/MailConstants.class
axis/transport/mail/MailSender.class
axis/transport/mail/MailServer.class
axis/transport/mail/MailTransport.class
axis/transport/mail/MailWorker.class

Any ideas why these are not included? I see a mention
of commons-net in the build file, but no discussions
regarding this.

Thanks,
Shantanu