Posted to fx-dev@ws.apache.org by Saminda Abeyruwan <sa...@opensource.lk> on 2005/11/03 15:25:00 UTC

Need info in setting up Kandula2 to interop with Indigo

Hi devs,

There is a big opportunity to Kandula2 to interop with Indigo in
Indigo_Plug_Fest
{http://131.107.72.15/Transactions_Service_Indigo/TransactionalService.svc?wsdl}
{http://131.107.72.15/ilab/wcfinteroplab.htm}. As i understand,
Kandula2 in early stages and if we can pass some scenarios that would
be  really good.

Can someone please aid me on this,

1. TransactionManager needs an EPR of ActivationCoordinator, can we use
our own one to this or Indigo's implemented one, if exist. {need to find
out, though}

2. Wrote a Stub based on KandulaDemoServiceStub, which will call
"DoNotWorkScenario".

If someone  can point me  out  to  what  ActivationCoordinator  i must
you,  that would  be really  appriciative.

Please be kind enough to respond.

Saminda

Re: Need info in setting up Kandula2 to interop with Indigo

Posted by Dasarath Weeratunge <dw...@purdue.edu>.
Quoting Thilina Gunarathne <cs...@gmail.com>:

>  BTW I found a bug in Kandula when i was playing it with today. We cannot
> have a participant and a initiator in the same machine when used in
> tomcat... I'll anyway file a JIRA so that the issue will no be forgotten.
>  Thanks,

Which branch are you talking about... Kandula2 or Kandula_1?

--dasarath

Posted by Dasarath Weeratunge <dw...@purdue.edu>.

Posted by Thilina Gunarathne <cs...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
Did you manage to find the interop scenario's document... If so pls share it
with me, so that I can give a helping hand. (of course as time permits,
since I'm tied up badly these days)
 See my comments below....

?
wsdl}

> {http://131.107.72.15/ilab/wcfinteroplab.htm}. As i understand,
> Kandula2 in early stages and if we can pass some scenarios that would
> be really good.
>
> Can someone please aid me on this,
>
> 1. TransactionManager needs an EPR of ActivationCoordinator, can we use
> our own one to this or Indigo's implemented one, if exist. {need to find
> out, though}
 Yes.. Kandula2 will support any coordinator given that it is spec
compliance... You can can give a EPR of what ever the Coordinator service (a
kandula coordinator or a Indigo coordinator ).. Actually this needs to be
mentioned in the Interop scenarios. There can be separate scenarios where
they will need to check using each others coordinator...

> 2. Wrote a Stub based on KandulaDemoServiceStub, which will call
> "DoNotWorkScenario".
 I have no idea about the actuall working of this service ..

> If someone can point me out to what ActivationCoordinator i must
> you, that would be really appriciative.
 Activation coordinator is the implementation of ws-Coordination protocol.
It provide the createCoordinationContext and registration services +
protocol services....
Initiator transaction manager first calls the Create coordinationContext and
then registers itself for the Completion protocol...
The first two tests in the Last November interop docs covers these two
services....

> Please be kind enough to respond.
:D

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.
On Thu, 2005-11-03 at 12:16 -0500, Dasarath Weeratunge wrote:
> Quoting Saminda Abeyruwan <sa...@opensource.lk>:
>

> When is this to be held? I will try to push Kandula_1 for this. Thilina has to
> answer your question unfortunately.

We want to do it on Axis2 .. all the other stuff is on it and that makes
more sense.

Sanjiva.

Re: Need info in setting up Kandula2 to interop with Indigo

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.

Posted by Thilina Gunarathne <cs...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Dasarath Weeratunge <dw...@purdue.edu>.
Quoting Saminda Abeyruwan <sa...@opensource.lk>:

When is this to be held? I will try to push Kandula_1 for this. Thilina has to
answer your question unfortunately.

thanks,
--dasarath

Posted by Dasarath Weeratunge <dw...@purdue.edu>.