Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Cesar Hernandez <ce...@gmail.com> on 2022/04/27 03:28:43 UTC

Re: TomEE 9.x - from javax to jakarta namespace

Hi all,

Late last week I started to pick and create sub-task related to
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMEE-3862.
The current CI master status [1] has helped me to identify tests that need
fixes, examples that need dependencies updates to match the javax. ->
jakarta , etc.

Do we have a place where we can check the list of knowing-Issue and
knowing-fixes a contributor can take as a reference when trying to fix a
subtask from TOMEE-3862 ?
For example, today I faced a javax/servlet issue [2] that required some
dependencies replacements like jstl [3 ] with jakarta.servlet.jsp.jstl-api
[4] and taglibs:standard [5] with taglibs-shade [6].

[1]
https://ci-builds.apache.org/job/Tomee/job/master-build-full/

[2]

Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/servlet/jsp/tagext/TagSupport

[3]
<groupId>javax.servlet</groupId>
<artifactId>jstl</artifactId>
<version>1.1.2</version>

[4]
<groupId>jakarta.servlet.jsp.jstl</groupId>
<artifactId>jakarta.servlet.jsp.jstl-api</artifactId>
<version>2.0.0</version>

[5]
<groupId>taglibs</groupId>
<artifactId>standard</artifactId>
<version>1.1.2</version>

[6]
<groupId>org.apache.tomee</groupId>
<artifactId>taglibs-shade</artifactId>
<version>9.0.0-M8-SNAPSHOT</version>

--
Atentamente:
César Hernández.

Re: TomEE 9.x - from javax to jakarta namespace

Posted by Cesar Hernandez <ce...@gmail.com>.
Thank you, I push the fixes.

--
Atentamente:
César Hernández.

Re: TomEE 9.x - from javax to jakarta namespace

Posted by "Zowalla, Richard" <ri...@hs-heilbronn.de>.

Posted by Cesar Hernandez <ce...@gmail.com>.

--
Atentamente:
César Hernández.

Re: TomEE 9.x - from javax to jakarta namespace

Posted by "Zowalla, Richard" <ri...@hs-heilbronn.de>.
Sounds good: +1

Posted by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com>.

Posted by Cesar Hernandez <ce...@gmail.com>.