Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Ana Tatavu <an...@yahoo.ca> on 2008/04/15 20:22:52 UTC

[Trinidad] : 1.0.8 Snapshot and http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TRINIDAD-812

Hi,
At the first sight the issue TRINIDAD-812  patch is not part of the latest 1.0.8 snapshot.
(SelectItemGroup cannot be found in any of the jars)

Do you plan to include the patch in 1.0.8 jars?

Thank you,
Ana

Re: [Trinidad] : 1.0.8 Snapshot and http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TRINIDAD-812

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.
It appears as if the SVN commits are there:
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TRINIDAD-812?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.ext.subversion:subversion-commits-tabpanel

Is it a matter of you are not seeing the changes, or that the changes
do not fix your problem?

-Andrew

Re: [Trinidad] setActionListener before actionListener or partialSubmit with action

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.
http://java.sun.com/javaee/javaserverfaces/1.2/docs/tlddocs/f/setPropertyActionListener.html

This does the same work as the Trinidad one. The 1.2 version fixed
problems in JSF 1.1.

It is documented somewhere, but not sure where I saw it...

-A

Posted by Mathias Walter <ma...@gmx.net>.
Hi,

Posted by Mathias Walter <ma...@gmx.net>.
Hi again,

> FYI, you should not use tr:setActionListener if you are on JSF 1.2,
> ignore this comment if you are still on 1.1.

There is no note about this at
http://myfaces.apache.org/trinidad/trinidad-1_2/trinidad-api/tagdoc/tr_setAc
tionListener.html and the 'Developer Guide'.

--
Kind regards,
Mathias

Re: [Trinidad] setActionListener before actionListener or partialSubmit with action

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mathias Walter <ma...@gmx.net>.
Hi,

> >  > Use action instead of actionListener? Actions are always
> fired last.
> >
> >  Yes, I know. But if I use actions, PPR won't work. The
> whole page is
> >  refreshed, regardless of the action outcome. But I'd like
> to use PPR.
>
> Returning null is the correct way to ensure that the navigation
> handler does not change the current view root. I have used it with
> Trinidad without issues, so I know it works. If the action is non-null
> it should only navigate if there is a match. Do you have any "catch"
> all navigation rules (where the outcome or action are not specified)?

I've returned an emptry string ("") and not null. Now it works without
f:actionListener. Thanks!

--
Kind regards,
Mathias

Re: [Trinidad] setActionListener before actionListener or partialSubmit with action

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.
Response inline

Posted by Mathias Walter <ma...@gmx.net>.
Hi,

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: [Trinidad] inputText and partialSubmit

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.
Have you checked that it is not PPRing correctly and that a navigation
rule is somehow being run? I know it may be a stretch, but maybe worth
asking.

You aren't hitting enter in the field to submit it are you?

-Andrew

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 11:35 PM, Mathias Walter <ma...@gmx.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>

>  > >  > Nope. that example works for me. I guess your bean is in
>  > >  > request scope ?
>  > >
>  > >  No, it is in session scope.
>  >
>  > not the best, but ok :-)
>
>  I've no idea how to implement special parts of my backing been (i.e.
>  currently edited row in an inline editable table) without session scope.
>  pageFlowScope does not work correctly (a bug which a still have to report)

please file a bug.

>  and Orchestra has the Spring dependency (to much overload for the moment).

true

--
Matthias Wessendorf

further stuff:
mail: matzew-at-apache-dot-org

Re: [Trinidad] inputText and partialSubmit

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.
t:saveState?

Posted by Mathias Walter <ma...@gmx.net>.
Hi,

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
>  > Nope. that example works for me. I guess your bean is in
>  > request scope ?
>
>  No, it is in session scope.

not the best, but ok :-)

>  > (I added it to one of my tests and my bean is not in request scope,
>  > mine is in Orchestra's *access* scope)
>
>  I've rechecked it with Firefox and it works as expected. But with IE6 the
>  whole top part of the page is flickering. That does not happen with other
>  partialSubmits on the same page. Is there a way to see the PPR traffic with
>  IE like FireBug shows?

I have only IE8 / IE7-emulator on my box, but I'll check tomorrow
again and let you know.
But as of debugging and IE... the tooling is really.... well.... bad....

Posted by Mathias Walter <ma...@gmx.net>.
Hi,

> Have you tried firebuglite? It may show the AJAX traffic. It requires
> an extra JS file, but it may be good as a temporary tool:

Firebug Lite does not show any HTTP traffic. But I tried the WebDev Helper
(http://projects.nikhilk.net/WebDevHelper) and could see the PPR response.
So it's just a redrawing issue of IE.

--
Many thanks,
Mathias

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.
Don't know, I have to punt

Posted by Mathias Walter <ma...@gmx.net>.
Hi,

> On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 10:42 AM, Mathias Walter
> <ma...@gmx.net> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> >  I'm trying to get PPR work with an inputText component as follow:

> >  partialSubmit="true" autoSubmit="true"
> >  valueChangeListener="#{backingBean.idHasChanged}"
> immediate="true" />
> binding="#{choise}"
> >  partialTriggers="testId">
> >         <f:selectItems value="#{someItems}" />
> >
> >  Unfortunatelly, the whole page gets refreshed. I tried
> lots of combinations
>
> Nope. that example works for me. I guess your bean is in
> request scope ?

No, it is in session scope.

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
Hi Matthias

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 10:42 AM, Mathias Walter <ma...@gmx.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I'm trying to get PPR work with an inputText component as follow:

>  partialSubmit="true" autoSubmit="true"
>  valueChangeListener="#{backingBean.idHasChanged}" immediate="true" />
>  partialTriggers="testId">
>         <f:selectItems value="#{someItems}" />
>
>  Unfortunatelly, the whole page gets refreshed. I tried lots of combinations

Nope. that example works for me. I guess your bean is in request scope ?
(I added it to one of my tests and my bean is not in request scope,
mine is in Orchestra's *access* scope)

Note that in request scope mine is only updated the first time, but I
never see the "full refresh", it is
using ajax (ppr).

>  w/wo partialSubmit, autoSubmit, valueChangeListener, but couldn't get it
>  partially rendered.
>
>  If I just use partialSubmit and no autoSubmit (as I saw in many examples),

partialSubmit is only available on ActionSource components (like commandButton).
EditableValueHolders (like inputText) do have only autoSubmit property.