Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@apache.org> on 2015/08/04 21:27:32 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] non-public comments on jira

Such a harassed individual can email private@ to raise awareness of their
situation. They may not *know* they can do this, probably no more than they
know they can restrict visibility of JIRA comments (as none of us realized
this either), but they can.

I suggest we remove the capability from JIRA and add a "harassment" or
similar section to our site with instructions for community members to
report/escalate issues via appropriate Apache channels.

-n