Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Wilfred Springer <Wi...@Sun.COM> on 2005/07/06 14:36:27 UTC

[m2] Adding resources from plugin

Does anybody know if it is possible to add resources to a POM
automatically within my plugin?

I'm looking for something like this:

compileSourceRoots.add(....)

- but then for resources.

Wilfred Springer                Phone  : +31 (0)3 3451 5736
Software Architect              Mobile : +31 (0)6 2295 7321
Client Solutions                Fax    : +31 (0)3 3451 5734
Enterprise Web Services         Mail   : wilfred.springer@sun.com
Sun Microsystems Netherlands    AIM    : wilfred springer
http://blogs.sun.com/wilfred/

information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution
is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact
the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original
message.

Re: [m2] Adding resources from plugin

Posted by Wilfred Springer <Wi...@Sun.COM>.
Hi Jason,

I'm creating an [m2] SableCC plug-in. SableCC generates both Java
sources and a couple of other data files. (Like data for the lexical
analyzer's finite state machine.)

The plug-in that I created will be called at the 'generate-sources'
stage. The plug-in will add the directory containing the generated
sources to the list of directories to be included in compilation. That
means that (as a user of the plug-in) I don't need to be aware of
anything at all: SableCC provides a clear separation between the parser
and behavior associated to it for a particular application of the
parser. That means that the jar file that is getting generated from a
simple invocation of SableCC is a reusable component in its own right.
(Unlike Antlr.)

It's just a little bit odd that developers that are using the SableCC
plug-in would need to be aware of the different files that are being
generated only because of some resources that still need to be included
'manually'.

Cheers,

Wilfred

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.

--
jvz.

Jason van Zyl
jason at maven.org
http://maven.apache.org

believe nothing, no matter where you read it,
or who has said it,
not even if i have said it,
unless it agrees with your own reason
and your own common sense.