Posted to users@maven.apache.org by sandraB <sa...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/08 16:43:36 UTC

pde-maven-plugin

Hi,
I try to use the pde-maven-plugin to generate a HelloWorld plugin eclipse.
I already succeed for the eclipse 3.2 and eclipse 3.3 version but I've got
an issue with eclipse 3.4.

[WARNING] Attempting to build MavenProject instance for Artifact
(org.codehaus.mojo:pde-maven-plugin:1.0-alpha-2-20070917.003805-1) of type:
maven-plugin; constructing POM artifact instead.
[INFO] [pde:ext]
[INFO] Startup jar found at:
D:\sandra\appli\eclipse\3.4.1\plugins\org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.source_1.0.101.R34x_v20080819.jar
[INFO] java -classpath
D:\sandra\appli\eclipse\3.4.1\plugins\org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.source_1.0.101.R34x_v20080819.jar
org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main -application
org.eclipse.ant.core.antRunner -buildfile
D:\sandra\Projets\3.4.1\plugins\helloWorld2\target\pdeBuilder\build.xml
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/equinox/launcher/Main
org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.Main

Could you help me to solve this issue ?
Thanks in advance

Re: pde-maven-plugin

Posted by sandraB <sa...@gmail.com>.
oups, sorry for this stupid question, I' just realized that Tycho replaces
maven !

Re: pde-maven-plugin

Posted by Eugene Kuleshov <eu...@md.pp.ru>.
Sandra,

  The 0.3.0-DEV-1819 is self-contained. You need to download and unpack it
and then use it instead of Maven 2.0.9.

  regards,
  Eugene

Re: pde-maven-plugin

Posted by sandraB <sa...@gmail.com>.

Hi,

Re: pde-maven-plugin

Posted by Eugene Kuleshov <eu...@md.pp.ru>.

Re: pde-maven-plugin

Posted by Eugene Kuleshov <eu...@md.pp.ru>.
Tomasz,

  Right now Tycho packages customized version of Maven it been tested with.
We hope to make it a plain Maven plugin at some point before Maven 3.0
release, but now you just download Tycho dist pretty much as you would do
with Maven dist.

  regards,
  Eugene

Re: pde-maven-plugin

Posted by Tomasz Pik <to...@gmail.com>.

Re: pde-maven-plugin

Posted by Jason van Zyl <jv...@sonatype.com>.

On 8-Jan-09, at 7:32 PM, Barrie Treloar wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 5:50 AM, Josh Suereth
> <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I gotta say, I'm *VERY* excited about Tycho.
>
> I dont want to throw stones because I would like to give Tycho a
> whirl.
> http://ci.sonatype.org/view/Tycho/ gives stormy weather and the last I
> looked I have to build Tycho - which is a barrier to trying it out.
> I need a release on central I can pull down.

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
jason at sonatype dot com

Re: pde-maven-plugin

Posted by Barrie Treloar <ba...@gmail.com>.

Re: pde-maven-plugin

Posted by Josh Suereth <jo...@gmail.com>.

Re: pde-maven-plugin

Posted by Eugene Kuleshov <eu...@md.pp.ru>.

Re: pde-maven-plugin

Posted by sandraB <sa...@gmail.com>.
OK, I'm going to look this solution.
I need a plugin eclipse for eclipse 3.2, 3.3 and 3.4. Could you give me
information about the files structure ? I imagine using some modules but I
don't have signifiant experience to using it.
What do you think of something like that:

helloworld_project
-- src (with the eclipse plugin java classes)
-- pom.xml (parent)
-- module_3.2
------ pom.xml (for eclipse 3.2)
-- module_3.3