Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Rusk, Patrick" <PR...@wellington.com> on 2003/12/04 00:47:01 UTC

"Repair flag is off"?

	I'm trying to do "svn propset svn:eol-style native Spud.java" and
getting an error message like:

svn: Illegal target for the requested operation
svn: File 'Spud.java' has inconsistent newlines
svn: Inconsistent line ending style
svn: inconsistent line-endings in source stream, repair flag is off.

	That's mostly understandable.  I've got mixed line-endings, and I
can fix this by bringing it into WordPad and saving it.

	What's intriguing me is the part that says "repair flag is off".
Does this suggest that there's a repair flag that I can set on that would
fix this problem automatically?  I haven't found anything about that in the
documentation.

	It would be nice, because I have about 40 files with this problem.

Patrick Rusk

Re: "Repair flag is off"?

Posted by Erik Huelsmann <e....@gmx.net>.
[snip; svn error messages]

> 	What's intriguing me is the part that says "repair flag is off".
> Does this suggest that there's a repair flag that I can set on that would
> fix this problem automatically?  I haven't found anything about that in
> the documentation.
> It would be nice, because I have about 40 files with this problem.

In which case you will be sorry to hear that there is no such flag for the
command line client. It is an internal flag and the error message has been
changed in 0.34. The flag part thas been removed.

bye,

Erik.

Re: "Repair flag is off"?

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
On Wed, 2003-12-03 at 16:47, Rusk, Patrick wrote:

> 	What's intriguing me is the part that says "repair flag is off".
> Does this suggest that there's a repair flag that I can set on that would
> fix this problem automatically?  I haven't found anything about that in the
> documentation.

The repair flag is an argument to an internal subversion function.  It
probably shouldn't be mentioned in the error message.

Re: "Repair flag is off"?

Posted by "C. Michael Pilato" <cm...@collab.net>.
"Rusk, Patrick" <PR...@wellington.com> writes:

> What's intriguing me is the part that says "repair flag is off".
> Does this suggest that there's a repair flag that I can set on that
> would fix this problem automatically?  I haven't found anything
> about that in the documentation.

Actually, it reveals a detail about the implementation that is
completely inaccessible to the user.  In other words, it's a Bad Error
Message.