Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Russell Castagnaro <ru...@synctank.com> on 2000/05/23 14:33:21 UTC

Re: [Proposal] split mailing list

Absolutely!!!  I second the motion ;)

Juan Jose Pablos wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I have been reading this list for the last 6 weeks, and I think that like
> most of you have spent quite a lot time only just reading this list.
> I have not really answer most of the question sometimes because I do not
> feel I am a expert on the subject... yet,   I could answer some questions
> but I do not want to create more traffic, Ulrich will reply them before I
> start  typing the first sentence  : )
>
> I really  feel like this mailing list is getting big , which is good , but
> It is a bit more complicated to manage.
>
> IMHO, two subject are clear in this list, one could keep as cocoon-users,
> with all the issues to integrate with different servlet Engines, databases,
> use of examples and features.
>
> The other subject, it has been comment somewhere in
> http://xml.apache.org/cocoon  "the lack of knowledge of  XML",  so I think
> that this is another subject,  using XML and XSP Processors
> under Cocoon. Which is more to do with a language than with an application.
>
> do not you think that it was diferent learn how to use Apache and learn how
> to use HTML ?
> well, I know that Cocoon is not a
>
> So Could I ask some Big, Big, guy (Maybe Stefano) to split this mailing list
> into this (or other) two subjects?
>
> Ole!
>
> Juan
>
> P.S.: I really only want to save some of you precious time

Hope to see you at my presentation, "Making the Most of XML, XSL and Server-Side
Processing"
at XML DevCon 2000, June 25-28, 2000.

Russell Castagnaro
Chief Mentor
SyncTank Solutions
http://www.synctank.com

Earth is the cradle of mankind; one does not remain in the cradle forever
-Tsiolkovsky

Re: [Proposal] split mailing list

Posted by Darren Scott <ds...@bluecheese.co.uk>.
Me too...

Russell Castagnaro wrote:

> Absolutely!!!  I second the motion ;)
>
> Juan Jose Pablos wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I have been reading this list for the last 6 weeks, and I think that like
> > most of you have spent quite a lot time only just reading this list.
> > I have not really answer most of the question sometimes because I do not
> > feel I am a expert on the subject... yet,   I could answer some questions
> > but I do not want to create more traffic, Ulrich will reply them before I
> > start  typing the first sentence  : )
> >
> > I really  feel like this mailing list is getting big , which is good , but
> > It is a bit more complicated to manage.
> >
> > IMHO, two subject are clear in this list, one could keep as cocoon-users,
> > with all the issues to integrate with different servlet Engines, databases,
> > use of examples and features.
> >
> > The other subject, it has been comment somewhere in
> > http://xml.apache.org/cocoon  "the lack of knowledge of  XML",  so I think
> > that this is another subject,  using XML and XSP Processors
> > under Cocoon. Which is more to do with a language than with an application.
> >
> > do not you think that it was diferent learn how to use Apache and learn how
> > to use HTML ?
> > well, I know that Cocoon is not a
> >
> > So Could I ask some Big, Big, guy (Maybe Stefano) to split this mailing list
> > into this (or other) two subjects?

Darren Scott
Production Director
bluecheese.co.uk