Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Timothy Victor <vi...@gmail.com> on 2019/10/19 14:36:27 UTC

Submitting jobs via REST

I have a flink docker image with my job's JAR already contained within.  I
would like to run a job with this jar via the REST api.  Is that possible?

I know I can run a job via REST using JarID (ID assigned by flink when a
jar is uploaded).   However I don't have such an ID since this jar is
already part of the image.

Via CLI I can start a job using classpath.  But can I do the same via the
REST api.   Any other ways to achieve this?

Thanks

Tim

Re: Submitting jobs via REST

Posted by Timothy Victor <vi...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for your help Pritam.  I got this working now.   The missing pool
piece for me was that I had to set the "web.upload.dir" which my default is
some auto generated directory under tmp.

One problem I had was that the jar actually needs to be placed under
$web.upload.dir/flink-web-upload, i.e.a hardcoded subdir under the user
specified dir.   It would be nice if that didn't happen and flink just read
directly from the root ($web.upload.dir).   I can create a ticket for it to
see if there is any general interest in such a change.

Thanks again for your help

Tim

Re: Submitting jobs via REST

Posted by Pritam Sadhukhan <sa...@gmail.com>.