Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Timothy J Schumacher <Ti...@Colorado.EDU> on 2011/05/22 23:32:04 UTC

Automatically schedule new entries?

Hello,

I am using Roller 5.0.0, tomcat 7.0.6, mysql 5.1.46 and linux
2.6.26.6-79.fc9.i686.

I have a question about programatically scheduling new entries to be
published at future times.  I looked at the weblogentry table that
Roller created in mysql and it looks pretty straightforward to write sql
scripts to add entries that have future publish times.  I think my main
question is: are there other tables that would need to be modified to
keep everything in sync or could I simply update the weblogentry table
and have everything be ok?

The problem I am trying to solve is the following: I have lots of xml
files that already contain content I want to publish at regular
intervals in the future, say one new post per day.  I could use the user
interface to manually schedule each one but it would be nice to be able
to automate this by translating each file to an sql script and running
that via the shell.  Then in Roller I could see all the posts and
preview them to make sure they look correct.  If anyone has dealt with
this I would love to hear ideas about how you solved it.

Thanks!
Tim

Re: Automatically schedule new entries?

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
I believe all you need to do is to set a future time on the post to
get scheduled posting.

- Dave