Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Sauyet, Scott (OTS-HAR)" <Sc...@output.net> on 2003/05/08 15:44:23 UTC

Removing files with a "~" in their name

I seem to be going crazy.  I'm fairly new to Ant, but really find it useful.

I'm having a simple problem.  Some of the developers on my team are using
Netbeans, which is adding backup files to the source directory, named, e.g.,
"MyClass.java~".  I don't know why the following isn't getting rid of them:

        <delete verbose="true">
            <fileset dir="src" includes="**/*.java~"/>
        </delete>

I thought there might be some RegEx problem with the tilde, and I tried
escaping it with "**/*.java\~", but that made no difference.  Any
suggestions?

Thanks,

  -- Scott

Re: Removing files with a "~" in their name

Posted by peter reilly <pe...@corvil.com>.
You need to set defaultexcludes="no" in fileset.

Peter