Posted to users@maven.apache.org by youhaodeyi <yo...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/08 04:14:38 UTC

How can I download all the packages from a remote repository?

Can I download all the packages from a remote repository to my local
repository? For example, there is a repository:
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/,  I want to download all the content to my
local repository. I want to do this for that I have limitation for accessing
Internet, so I need to do this one time to get as much packages as possible.

Re: How can I download all the packages from a remote repository?

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Mar 7, 2008 at 9:59 PM, youhaodeyi <yo...@gmail.com> wrote:

>  I use this command to download:
>
>  rsync -avz http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/ ./

As others have mentioned, you'd be much better off running a
repository manager app (Archiva, Artifactory, Proximity) and filling
it up with the things you actually need.

If you really must get the whole thing, check the bottom of this page,
it looks like you can rsync from one of the mirrors:
http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-mirror-settings.html

--
Wendy

Re: How can I download all the packages from a remote repository?

Posted by youhaodeyi <yo...@gmail.com>.
I use this command to download:

rsync -avz http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/ ./

and got the error:

http: Unknown Host
rsh.exe: can't establish connection
rsync: read error: Connection reset by peer
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at
/tmp/rsync-2.5.6/io.c(177)

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Brian E. Fox" <br...@reply.infinity.nu>.
Umm, see my message below. Scraping the entire repo will get you
blocked. Use a repository manager if you need to be network independent.

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
Does that sound like a reasonable thing the Maven developers would
have implemented?? "This project depends on all artifactIds in all
groupIds with all/any versions."

No chance.

Wayne

Posted by youhaodeyi <yo...@gmail.com>.