Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by "Lustig, Marc (Allianz Deutschland AG)" <EX...@allianz.de> on 2008/04/30 09:56:53 UTC

purpose of implicit call "deploy-artifact"

greetings, I have discovered some behaviour that is not transparent to
me.

We have a build definition configured "clean install". (NO deploy)
And this is what happens:

[1] continuum calls mvn on the shell:
16662688 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO
org.apache.maven.continuum.utils.shell.ShellCommandHelper:default  -
Executing: /bin/sh -c "cd /opt/continuum_work/checkout/235 && mvn
--batch
-mode --non-recursive -Dcontinuum.project.lastBuild.state=0
-Dcontinuum.project.nextBuild.number=292
-Dcontinuum.project.group.name=Typewriter
-Dcontinuum.project.lastBuild.number=291 clean install"

[2] mvn runs successfully and the shell returns with exit code 0

[! 3 !] continuum triggers a task "Performing action deploy-artifact" by
calling maven-classes directly (not using mvn.sh from the shell), and
without being asked for:

16668582 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO
org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.BuildController:default  -
Performing action deploy-artifact

---> by definition, the install-goal should deploy the artifact in the
local repo only, not to the remote-repo.  What please is the idea and
the logic behind triggering this task automatically?

In our project it caused some trouble because the snapshots were
deployed to Archiva in an uncontrolled way.

br,
M.