Posted to user@stdcxx.apache.org by Mark Brown <mb...@inbox.com> on 2007/02/12 02:26:34 UTC

building Boost with stdcxx

Hi,

I'm wondering if anyone has successfully built Boost with stdcxx. I have no experience with hacking the Boost build system and only very little experience using it. I would appreciate hints for how to set up the compiler to use stdcxx instead of the default standard library. I'm using gcc on Linux and Cygwin.

Many thanks!
Mark

Re: building Boost with stdcxx

Posted by Nadine Faizant <na...@nautitia.fr>.
    Hello Mark,

    You are very kind... I found a solution, not very nice, but efficient. I
put the library path in a .bat launch before link because if I use the
STDLIBPATH in the jam files it looks like MSVC lost some library....

    Good luck,

        Nadine

Posted by Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>.
Nadine Faizant wrote:

>    I thought that stdcxx was not supported on windows/gcc ? I'm wrong ?

Stdcxx builds with gcc on Cygwin (and SFU aka Interix),
modulo minor issues in the build infrastructure like
STDCXX-337: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STDCXX-337

Martin

Posted by Nadine Faizant <na...@nautitia.fr>.

Posted by Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>.