Posted to jdo-dev@db.apache.org by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@apache.org> on 2005/06/08 00:50:05 UTC

Framework for starter website

(It's been a while :)

I just added to the JDO svn a new subtree /site.

This contains a complete little website framework based on Velocity.
(I just redid the Geronimo site using it and figured you'd like it here)

The basics :

1) Just check it out of svn :

    cd jdo
    svn co site

2) Right now, I have the created html in the doc directory checked
in.  For fun, just delete *.html in doc directory.

3) build :

    ant

4) to change a page, just edit the XML in the xdocs directory.  The
XML format is very simple.

5) to change the left-side navbar, edit xdocs/stylesheets/
project.xml.  It should be obvious

Right now, the .xml files are all for Geronimo.  We have to clean
them up, and redo and add to the nav.

When that's done, we can deploy to the apache servers...

(If no one likes it, we can pitch it..)

geir

geirm@apache.org