Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by ivan zhang <iv...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/10 02:08:52 UTC

Questions about BlockPlacementPolicy

Hi everyone:

I am now working on developing my own BlockPlacementPolicy for HDFS, is it
possible to set different block have different replication number?   Like
different files have different copies? I make some try but it seems cannot
work

Thank you very much

Yifan

Re: Questions about BlockPlacementPolicy

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
In HDFS, currently, the replication factor is a file-level property
and can't be controlled at a block level (at least on the metadata
end).

--
Harsh J

Re: Questions about BlockPlacementPolicy

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: Questions about BlockPlacementPolicy

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: Questions about BlockPlacementPolicy

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J