Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Liam MacQuarrie Morley <lm...@WPI.EDU> on 2001/06/29 10:11:39 UTC

sitemap installation error

I've checked the mail logs, but have not found the answer..

I'm getting the following exception:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.ibm.servlet.classloader.Handler

seems I'm a bit off track.. I've followed the instructions listed on the
various install pages. I tried the pre-compiling options, but my build
never finishes executing java.exe (I'm running win98, tomcat3.2.2,
cocoon2, by the way).

Also- I assume there is an alternative to pre-compiling sitemaps, etc? Or
else it would be included in the normal install instructions? I'm guessing
I don't completely understand the process.. I would love any help I can
get. Thank you all very much.

Liam Morley

Re: sitemap installation error

Posted by Mariano Kamp <mk...@codamax.com>.
Hi,

  my two cents as a newbie myself:

  If you want to load some class during startup, like a db driver, you can
put this into web.xml as init-param "load-class". By default there is
com.ibm.. in it. If you don't use WebSphere you probably won't need it, so
you can ignore the message or comment it out in web.xml.

Mariano

Posted by java guru <ja...@yahoo.co.in>.
1. If u are not able to run c2.( with sitemap errors
stuff)..then the classnotfoundexception is NOT the
reason...this error is always there for me., as this
error is attributed to the web.xml trying to load ibm
class for websphere..so the problem is something
else...

2. As per the pre-compile is concerned, I have tried
to precompile xsp with the options specified in
faq..but as u mentioned the compile process is getting
stuck...If u hear anything about this, i would love to
get that info too...thanks