Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Chiradeep Vittal <Ch...@citrix.com> on 2013/08/02 01:35:29 UTC

Re: Global Guest Networks

For your use case you really don't need a public network it seems.
If you were re-doing your setup, assign the public network to be something
else (VLAN UNUSEDXX, network UNUSED/24), and create a shared network with
the cidr 192.168.0.0/24.
BUT, this might not be advisable since CloudStack will create a DHCP
server on this network. But you probably ALREADY have a DHCP server on
this network which will respond to the CloudStack Vms instead of
CloudStack's own DHCP server.