Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Andy C <an...@r2-dvd.org> on 2001/04/08 15:26:28 UTC

Jakarta.log

I notice that the film Jakarta.log is replaced every time that tomcat is
restarted.  I am probably missing something obvious, but is there
a configuration setting to make sure the log is not destroyed on
restart ?  I presume that it could either :

1: copy the old log before creating a new one
2: Simply add to the old instead of overwriting it ?

TA
Andy C
Editor R2 project
http://www.r2-dvd.org

Apache error when executing jsp's

Posted by Brandon Cruz <bc...@norvax.com>.
Is anyone familiar with this error?  I am using a module from another
person's machine, and I think that might be the problem.  I don't want to
have to go back and reinstall the source of Tomcat to build my own module
unless I am sure that is necessary though.  Here is what I am getting in the
apache error_log when I try to execute a jsp file...

[Sun Apr  8 13:19:33 2001] [notice] child pid 4999 exit signal Segmentation
fault (11)

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Brandon

RE: problem executing jsp's with Apache/Tomcat

Posted by Brandon Cruz <bc...@norvax.com>.
I am using an apache-tomcat configuration to be able to serve jsp pages.  I
seem to have everything configured correctly using virtual hosts.  My server
xml file has the host directive below...

<Host name="www.mycompany.com">
           <Context path=""
	   docBase="/absolute/path/to/my/vhost/directory/for/apache">
	   crossContext="false"
	   debug="1"
	   reloadable="true"
	   </Context>
	</Host>

Inside my virtual host directive for httpd.conf, I have the following line
to tell it to send any jsp requests to tomcat.

JkMount /*.jsp ajp12

My problem is that whenever I try to execute a file ending in .jsp, it tells
me the server is returning an invalid or unrecognizable response.  When I
look into Apache's error_log file, it says...

[Sun Apr  8 13:19:33 2001] [notice] child pid 4999 exit signal Segmentation
fault (11)

Can anyone help me out with what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks!

Brandon

problem executing jsp's