Posted to user@forrest.apache.org by Ferdinand Soethe <sa...@soethe.net> on 2005/02/07 18:21:59 UTC

Re[2]: Raw sub-directories are not being copied

Ross Gardler wrote:

RG> The intended behaviour is that raw files are copied if they are linked
RG> anywhere within the site, not just in site.xml. If they are not linked
RG> anywhere then they will not be copied.

What is the advantage of making this distinction? After all it seems
that when files are placed in the xdocs directory, they were meant be
be made available.

e.g. if I wanted to include a whole net of html pages as raw pages and only
link to one of them from a true Forrest page.

--
Ferdinand Soethe

Re: Raw sub-directories are not being copied

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
greg.vaco@cox.net wrote:

>I have to agree.  I believe the reason my files were not being copied is
>because the link is being constructed using JavaScript.  Practically, this
>situation occurs when I'm including a web application generated from another
>application into my Forrest site using and iframe. It sounds a little
>complicated, but it really worked out well -- once I manually move the
>files.

This behaviour (see below) occurs because of the way the site is
generated, Cocoon walks through all the links of the site generating the
pages as it goes. We recently changed the way RAW files are handled,
using the old method your scenario would have been OK, using the new
method it is not. Until now we never thought it was a problem, but now
you have given us a use case we'll have to reconsider this. I think the
forthcoming linkmap will solve this problem but I'm not sure (this mail
copied to dev list for comment, I think this has the same root cause as
http://issues.cocoondev.org/browse/FOR-341 ).

As a temporary workaround you could add a copy command to the "site"
target in FORREST_HOME/main/forrest.build.xml. You should make it copy
all the files in your xdocs directory *before* the site is built

Ross

RE: Re[2]: Raw sub-directories are not being copied

Posted by gr...@cox.net.
I have to agree.  I believe the reason my files were not being copied is
because the link is being constructed using JavaScript.  Practically, this
situation occurs when I'm including a web application generated from another
application into my Forrest site using and iframe. It sounds a little
complicated, but it really worked out well -- once I manually move the
files.

Greg