Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Maciek Zywno <m....@amg.net.pl> on 2004/02/23 13:58:31 UTC

which servlet classes may be generated by JAX-RPC runtime system?

hello

Sorry if this question is too much NTG

I am going thru jax-rpc spec,  and came across something that is not clear

"During the deployment of a service endpoint component on a servlet
container based
JAX-RPC runtime system, a service endpoint class is associated with a
servlet. The
associated servlet class is provided by the JAX-RPC runtime system (not
by service
endpoint developer) during the deployment. This association is
configured in a manner
specific to a JAX-RPC runtime system and its deployment tool. For
example, a JAXRPC
deployment tool may configure a 1-1 association between a servlet class and
service endpoint class. The associated servlet class corresponds to the
configured
transport binding for the service endpoint. For example, the servlet class
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet is used for the HTTP transport."

Does it mean that if in WSDL I have a mapping to a protocol different
from HTTP, a runtime-system (e.g.AXIS) would generate a servlet for
different protocol? Is it possible theoretically?

thanks for any guidance or suggestions

maciek