Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Pi...@aol.com on 2014/08/25 20:23:10 UTC

Open Office Tool problem

Dear Sirs: I have a HP Compaq computer recently purchased from a store. It
has Apache Open Office on it, which works except I cannot turn off  that
horrible line numbering, list making thing, and I have no  user's guide.
 it keeps screwing up lines, inserting numbers and it took me two  hours
trying to write a simple letter.  Please tell me how to turn this  awful
nuisance OFF and keep it OFF!!
    Sincerely, Maria Martinez at  minadebrillantes@aol.com

Re: Open Office Tool problem

Posted by johnny smith <ka...@krovatka.su>.
On Mon, 25 Aug 2014 18:23:10 -0000, <Pi...@aol.com> wrote:

> Dear Sirs: I have a HP Compaq computer recently purchased from a store. It
> has Apache Open Office on it, which works except I cannot turn off  that
> horrible line numbering, list making thing, and I have no  user's guide.
>  it keeps screwing up lines, inserting numbers and it took me two  hours
> trying to write a simple letter.  Please tell me how to turn this  awful
> nuisance OFF and keep it OFF!!

go to 'tools - autocorrect options - options' and uncheck 'apply numbering'.

you may wish to uncheck something else there. i, personally, prefer disabling everything exept using replacement table while typing.

Re: Open Office Tool problem

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Mon, 25 Aug 2014 14:23:10 -0400 (EDT)
PietroFava@aol.com wrote:

> Dear Sirs: I have a HP Compaq computer recently purchased from a store. It
> has Apache Open Office on it, which works except I cannot turn off  that
> horrible line numbering, list making thing, and I have no  user's guide.
>  it keeps screwing up lines, inserting numbers and it took me two  hours
> trying to write a simple letter.  Please tell me how to turn this  awful
> nuisance OFF and keep it OFF!!
>     Sincerely, Maria Martinez at  minadebrillantes@aol.com

Try /Tools /Line Numbering and uncheck "Show numbering" checkbox.

There  is a help file, you know.

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>