Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by U K Laxmi <la...@yahoo.com> on 2005/03/01 08:16:19 UTC

Re: How to send hidden variables to next page

Thanks David for the reply. Yes .... i could able to
submit using javascript. Usually i use submit button.
If submit button not available, i'm using javascript
submit as mentioned by the syntax.

Table problem, still finding ways to do it. Going
thro' tutorials on HTML.

--- David da Guia Carvalho <dg...@animus-ti.com.br>
wrote:

> I dont know but looks like you are doing somethings
> wrong... hidden
> fildes are a great choice... better them use GET
> method...
> About the table think... use Iframe and do a submit
> to it...
> Whem you submit you use normal submit button or
> javascript???
> If you are submiting with normal button try to use
> Javascript is much
> better! Example:
>
> <!-- AT HEADER -->
> <script language="javascript">
> function submitform()
> {
> // FOR LOCAL FORM... where the form name is "myform"
>  document.myform.submit();
>
> //OR FOR IFRAME FORM... where the IFRAME name is
> myframe and the FORM
> name is "myform1"
> window.frames.myframe.document.myform1.submit();
>
> }
> </script>
> <!-- AT BODY
> The link to submit:
> -->
> <A HREF="javascript: submitform()">SUBMIT
> HERE!!!</A>
>
> You can also make MANY variations on it... like pass
> values in the
> function from the external frame to a filed on
> iframe.
> Example:
>
> <!-- AT HEADER -->
> <script language="javascript">
> function submitform(val1)
> {
> //CHANGE THE VALUE OF A FIELD ON IFRAME... where
> myfield is the name of
> the filed...

window.frames.myframe.document.myform1.myfield.value=val1;

=== message truncated ===

Re: How to send hidden variables to next page

Posted by U K Laxmi <la...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks to everyone for the response. My problem
solved. I could able to find help by googling and my
table issue has been solved.

Thanks again.

Re:[OT] How to access web site from other computers

Posted by Parsons Technical Services <pa...@earthlink.net>.
First: Do you have any firewall software running on your machine?

Second: Can other machines on the network see your machine? Such as in
Network Neighborhood.

Third: Use your IP in the URL. http://172.16.1.37/web/JSP/login.html Of
course substituting in your IP.

Doug

Posted by Mark Leone <mi...@cox.net>.
It sounds like you may have a firewall issue. Make sure that all
software or hardware firewalls in the path are configured to allow the
IP address and port you're sending from. Also make sure your router is
configured to rout IP packets from the WAN interface to the IP address
on your LAN that the Tomcat host is using.

As far as static IPs, I use cox cable as my ISP and I'm paying for
service that only provides dynamic IP, but they actually implement it as
static (mostly). Their DHCP server reserves IP addresses for each MAC
address, so as long as I expose the same network hardware to the ISP I
get the same IP address. Don't know if other ISPs do this, but thought
I'd mention it.