Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Masllorens Sibils, Lucas" <lu...@gedas.es> on 2002/08/07 09:53:39 UTC

Can I use Struts Validator in a swing application?

Hi,

I would like to develop forms validation in a declñarative way. We have
swing and web applications with the same forms and validations
and I would like to use a unique product for both scenarios.

In fact, I need to be sure that it is posible to reuse struts validations
in a client-server application (Swing basedf).

I read that it is posible but... have anyone test it?
I am afraid that struts validator imports import javax.servlet.* APIs
so my client must be J2EE.

Is it really posible to use validator with a stand-alone swing aplication?
And from applets. Is it to download validations or I will have to execute
them at server-side?

Thank you very much for your help.

DISCLAIMER: Este mensaje contiene información propietaria
de la cual parte o toda puede contener información confidencial
o protegida legalmente. Esta exclusivamente destinado al
usuario de destino.
Si, por un error de envio o transmisión, ha recibido este mensaje
y usted no es el destinatario del mismo, por favor, notifique
de este hecho al remitente.
Si no es el destinatario final de este mensaje no debe usar,
informar, distribuir, imprimir, copiar o difundir este mensaje
bajo ningún medio.

---------

DISCLAIMER: This e-mail contains propietary information some
or all of which may be legally privileged. It is for the intended
recipient only. If an addressing or transmission error has
misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to
this e-mail. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use,
disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this e-mail.

Re: Can I use Struts Validator in a swing application?

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Wed, 7 Aug 2002, Masllorens Sibils, Lucas wrote:

> Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 09:53:39 +0200
> From: "Masllorens Sibils, Lucas" <lu...@gedas.es>
> To: "'struts-user@jakarta.apache.org'" <st...@jakarta.apache.org>
> Subject: Can I use Struts Validator in a swing application?
>
> Hi,
>
> I would like to develop forms validation in a declñarative way. We have
> swing and web applications with the same forms and validations
> and I would like to use a unique product for both scenarios.
>
> In fact, I need to be sure that it is posible to reuse struts validations
> in a client-server application (Swing basedf).
>
> I read that it is posible but... have anyone test it?
> I am afraid that struts validator imports import javax.servlet.* APIs
> so my client must be J2EE.
>
> Is it really posible to use validator with a stand-alone swing aplication?
> And from applets. Is it to download validations or I will have to execute
> them at server-side?

The Struts implementation of Validator is built on top of a package called
commons-validator that is not dependent on the web layer APIs.  You might
see if that package can meet your needs directly.

Nightly builds of the sources and binaries are available at:

  http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-commons/nightly/commons-validator

Craig