Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Vasiliy Sisko <vs...@gridgain.com> on 2015/07/29 12:47:23 UTC

Execution of query functions.

Hello Igniters.

I try to execute SqlFieldsQuery with following statement:
CALL CSVWRITE('/tmp/test.csv', 'SELECT * FROM WorkedHours')
and receive next exception:
class org.apache.ignite.IgniteException: Unknown query type: CALL
CSVWRITE('/tmp/test.csv', 'SELECT * FROM WorkedHours')

That query worked on GridGain 6.x

Could we support such queries in Ignite?

--
Vasiliy Sisko
GridGain Systems

Re: Execution of query functions.

Posted by Atri Sharma <at...@gmail.com>.
How exactly is the per node result set merged into a single CSV file for
this? Would that need some file locks/synchronization?

On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 8:45 PM, Sergi Vladykin <se...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I don't think this will work in distributed environment correctly now. If
> you want CSV export it must be implemented outside of SQL layer.
>
> Sergi

> > Sergi Vladykin,
> >
> > I remember that we have same issue with "explain" queries.
> > I think fix should be pretty simple.
> >
> > If it is so, let us know and Vasiliy will create issue for it.
> >
> > On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 5:47 PM, Vasiliy Sisko <vs...@gridgain.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > Hello Igniters.
> > >
> > > I try to execute SqlFieldsQuery with following statement:
> > > CALL CSVWRITE('/tmp/test.csv', 'SELECT * FROM WorkedHours')
> > > and receive next exception:
> > > class org.apache.ignite.IgniteException: Unknown query type: CALL
> > > CSVWRITE('/tmp/test.csv', 'SELECT * FROM WorkedHours')
> > >
> > > That query worked on GridGain 6.x
> > >
> > > Could we support such queries in Ignite?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Vasiliy Sisko
> > > GridGain Systems
> > > www.gridgain.com
> > >

> > --
> > Alexey Kuznetsov
> > GridGain Systems
> > www.gridgain.com

Atri
*l'apprenant*

Re: Execution of query functions.

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Jul 29, 2015 at 8:15 AM, Sergi Vladykin <se...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I don't think this will work in distributed environment correctly now. If
> you want CSV export it must be implemented outside of SQL layer.

Would it be possible to add a CSVWRITE command to Visor to enable saving
results to a CSV file? This would be a good newbie ticket in my view.

Thoughts?

Posted by Sergi Vladykin <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alexey Kuznetsov <ak...@gridgain.com>.
Sergi Vladykin,