Posted to dev@creadur.apache.org by Pierre Smits <pi...@apache.org> on 2018/03/18 07:50:33 UTC

secure url in header

Hi all,

As with any other Apache project we - at Apache Trafodion - have the Apache header in all our code artefacts.

Now, recently we have started the endeavour to migrate away from linking to http:// links (insecure) to https:// (secure) for our project and ASF related pages.

Unfortunately or RAT check complains that - during the transition phase - some files have the following

  https://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0

Can you help me with insights to fix this?

Best regards,

Pierre Smits
Apache Trafodion contributor

Re: secure url in header

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Le 18/03/2018 à 17:14, P. Ottlinger a écrit :
> Either you may define your own license with the https link or change all
> license headers to use http as this is the official ASF2.0-license text.
Thanks Phil,

I'd not go that way, in case this page is "forgotten" and the license subtly change and this change get unnoticed and not reflected in the special new
Trafodion license page

In other words, better to change the URL to use the official ASF2.0-license text.

My 2 cts

Jacques

Re: secure url in header

Posted by "P. Ottlinger" <po...@apache.org>.
Hi Pierre,

Am 18.03.2018 um 08:50 schrieb Pierre Smits:
>   https://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
>
> Can you help me with insights to fix this?

Either you may define your own license with the https link or change all
license headers to use http as this is the official ASF2.0-license text.

We've had this discussion a while ago .... as long as the official
license text does not contain any https we go with the http-variant.

Cheers,
Phil

Re: secure url in header

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@apache.org>.
Hi Jacques, all,

IANALE, and I don't think that this is a ASF Legal issue, but rather a political one. And how the configuration of RAT works with either choices (or both).

Best regards,

Pierre

Re: secure url in header

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.