Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com> on 2005/03/05 21:32:37 UTC

Nightly bootstrap build file

I've got an early version of the bootstrap file done.  Put in any
directory and you can do the nightly build.  Eventually it will also
possible to use it for release build.

Here is the command for the build:  ant -buildfile bootstrap.xml clean nightly

You'll need the CVS binary as part of your PATH.

I tested it and it seems to work fine.  Right now its building the
src-release and bin-release targets.  I will eventually also add the
examples-release but there is a small issue I'm working on first.
Later I will add a "publish" target that will use cp or scp to copy
the nightly builds to the publish directory.  I'll wait for Martin's
efforts on getting a build server before adding that.

If someone besides myself could test and report back to me that would
be helpful.

Regards,
sean

Re: Nightly bootstrap build file

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.
I have a new bootstrap build file that I've included as an attachment.
 Now it builds includes the date in the nightlies (ex.
myfaces-20050311.tgz).  It also has a new "release" target to build
releases (which follows the nighly procedure but checks out the
specific tagged version.)

To use the release target:

ant -buildfile bootstrap.xml -Dbuild.version=1_0_9 clean release

NOTE: You will need cvs in your path.  Also, this won't work until
there is a tagged rel_1_0_9 version.  (Older versions won't work
either because they do not have a release target in the build.xml file
- that was just added.)

sean

Posted by Martin Marinschek <ma...@gmail.com>.
yes, that is a good idea!

Posted by Sean Schofield <se...@gmail.com>.
Martin,

Mobile Content and Rendering

Posted by Michael Hartmann <mh...@eyeloop.net>.
Hello,
I was very happy to find through www.theserverside.com that Jiri Zaloudek,
had implemented a WML rendering kit for JSF. I'm currently researching the
possible integration between JSF and the multi channel approach of
delivering content to mobile devices. In particular I am looking into
integrating XHTML, SVG, XForms and device profile information (UAProf and
WURFL) into JSF.

I can't seem to find anybody though Google who are currently addressing the
issue except eXo
http://www.theserverside.com/tss?service=direct/0/NewsThread/threadViewer.ma
rkNoisy.link&sp=l28348&sp=l136261
but they are commercial and not opensource.

Therefore my plan is to make up for this and start out by implementing a
rendering kit for XHTML Basic and later on XHTML-MP (An extension to XHTML
Basic with Wireless CSS and a few more tags).
Later the plan is to integrate intelligent rendering (HTML 4.01, XHTML Basic
or XHTML-MP) based on User agents profiles by using WURFL
(http://wurfl.sourceforge.net/)

I would like to contribute the fruit of my labour to the MyFaces
implementation but as this is my first time to contribute to an open source
project any tips, ideas, critique, etc. would be much appreciated.

I'm always open to a discussion on the issue.

Venlig Hilsen \ Kind Regards,
Michael Hartmann

Kind Regards,

Michael Hartmann