Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by shacky <sh...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/15 18:55:53 UTC

Multiple indexes

Hi.

How to have multiple indexes in SOLR, with different fields and
different types of data?

Thank you very much!
Bye.

RE: Multiple indexes

Posted by Kai Gülzau <kg...@novomind.com>.
> > (for example if you need separate TFs for each document type).
>
> I wonder if in this precise case it wouldn't be pertinent to
> have a single index with the various document types each
> having each their own fields set. Isn't TF calculated field by field ?

Oh, you are right :)
So i will start testing with one "mixed type" index and
perhaps use IndexReaderFactory afterwards in comparison.

Thanks,

Kai Gülzau

RE: Multiple indexes

Posted by Pierre GOSSE <pi...@arisem.com>.

RE: Multiple indexes

Posted by Kai Gülzau <kg...@novomind.com>.
Are there any plans to support a kind of federated search
in a future solr version?

I think there are reasons to use seperate indexes for each document type
but do combined searches on these indexes
(for example if you need separate TFs for each document type).

I am aware of http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DistributedSearch
and a workaround to do federated search with sharding
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2139030/search-multiple-solr-cores-and-return-one-result-set
but this seems to be too much network- and maintenance overhead.

Perhaps it is worth a try to use an IndexReaderFactory which
returns a lucene MultiReader!?
Is the IndexReaderFactory still Experimental?

Kai Gülzau

Re: Multiple indexes

Posted by Jonathan Rochkind <ro...@jhu.edu>.

Re: Multiple indexes

Posted by Frank Wesemann <f....@fotofinder.net>.

--
mit freundlichem Gruß,

Frank Wesemann
Fotofinder GmbH         USt-IdNr. DE812854514
Software Entwicklung    Web: http://www.fotofinder.com/
Potsdamer Str. 96       Tel: +49 30 25 79 28 90
10785 Berlin            Fax: +49 30 25 79 28 999

Sitz: Berlin
Amtsgericht Berlin Charlottenburg (HRB 73099)
Geschäftsführer: Ali Paczensky

Re: Multiple indexes

Posted by lee carroll <le...@googlemail.com>.
your data is being used to build an inverted index rather than being
stored as a set of records. de-normalising is fine in most cases. what
is your use case which requires a normalised set of indices ?

Re: Multiple indexes

Posted by François Schiettecatte <fs...@gmail.com>.

Re: Multiple indexes

Posted by shacky <sh...@gmail.com>.