Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by Roland Porath <ro...@exari.com> on 2008/01/30 06:41:03 UTC

supportedlock property

Supportedlock seems to be only exclusive

Propget returns:

Is it possible to get both exclusive and shared

(as in slide)

supportedlock =

                    <lockentry>

                        <lockscope>

                            <exclusive></exclusive>

                        </lockscope>

                        <locktype>

                            <write></write>

                        </locktype>

                    </lockentry>

                    <lockentry>

                        <lockscope>

                            <shared></shared>

                        </lockscope>

                        <locktype>

                            <write></write>

                        </locktype>

                    </lockentry>

Cheers

roland

RE: supportedlock property

Posted by Roland Porath <ro...@exari.com>.

Just for the record:
Dav Explorer uses shared locks. I don't know how it actually deals with the
resulting concurrency issues and in what way it treats them differently from
exclusive locks but they are supported.

lockdiscovery =
                    <activelock>
                        <locktype>
                            <write></write>
                        </locktype>
                        <lockscope>
                            <shared></shared>
                        </lockscope>
                        <depth>infinity</depth>
                        <owner>
                            <href>asdfasdfa</href>
                        </owner>
                        <timeout>Second-85905</timeout>
                        <locktoken>

<href>opaquelocktoken:aa38151c9d4c1f87d077a1740aa0c288</href>
                        </locktoken>
                    </activelock>

RE: supportedlock property

> as far as i know the JCR api only defines what
> would be an exclusive lock in webDAV.

Right.

> i would probably be possible to build the shared
> locks into the dav-layer (using the LockManager).
> since we never had the need for share locks its
> not supported with the simple server.
>
> feel free to open an enhancement request in jira.
> i can't promise that i have time to look at it,
> but then anybody that wants to start contributing
> can take this as starting point.

That sounds rather pointless, unless somebody has a WebDAV client that
actually takes advantage of shared locks.

BR, Julian

!DSPAM:47a04615278701116919240!

Re: supportedlock property

Posted by Julian Reschke <ju...@gmx.de>.

Re: supportedlock property

Posted by Angela Schreiber <an...@day.com>.
hi roland

> Supportedlock seems to be only exclusive

correct

> Is it possible to get both exclusive and shared
> (as in slide)

as far as i know the JCR api only defines what
would be an exclusive lock in webDAV.
i would probably be possible to build the shared
locks into the dav-layer (using the LockManager).
since we never had the need for share locks its
not supported with the simple server.

feel free to open an enhancement request in jira.
i can't promise that i have time to look at it,
but then anybody that wants to start contributing
can take this as starting point.

thanks
angela