Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com> on 2005/11/30 01:15:58 UTC

ConfigID and dependency formats have changed

I've committed the change in configId and dependency uri format.  This
is a large change and I probably missed some problems.  Please test it
out and report problems.

If you are using single line dependency uris in your application you
need to change them  either to

<dependency>
     <groupId>foo</groupId>
     <type>jar</type><!-- not needed if a jar -->
     <artifactId>bar</artifactid>
     <version>1.0</version>
</dependency>

or
<dependency>
     <uri>foo/bar/1.0/jar</uri>
</dependency>

If you are using geronimo configIds as parentIds or as part of gbean
references, here's a table (hopefully accurate) of conversions:

OLD
        NEW
org/apache/geronimo/Client				geronimo/client/${geronimo_version}/car
org/apache/geronimo/ClientSystem			geronimo/client-system/
${geronimo_version}/car
org/apache/geronimo/DefaultDatabase		geronimo/default-database/
${geronimo_version}/car
org/apache/geronimo/Jetty				geronimo/jetty/${geronimo_version}/car
org/apache/geronimo/RMINaming			geronimo/rmi-naming/
${geronimo_version}/car
org/apache/geronimo/Server				geronimo/j2ee-server/${geronimo_version}/
car
org/apache/geronimo/Security				geronimo/j2ee-security/
${geronimo_version}/car
org/apache/geronimo/System				geronimo/j2ee-system/${geronimo_version}/
car
org/apache/geronimo/Tomcat				geronimo/tomcat/${geronimo_version}/car

thanks
david jencks

Re: ConfigID and dependency formats have changed

Posted by Vamsavardhana Reddy <c1...@gmail.com>.
I guess this ConfigId change is breaking many things.  So far I have noticed
atleast two such in console.
1) Deploying a war thru console.  (Created a JIRA for this)
2) Adding a security realm thru "Security Realms" portlet.

Exceptions are due to configIds.

Caused by: org.apache.geronimo.kernel.config.NoSuchConfigException: No
configuration with id: org/apache/geronimo/Server

Caused by: org.apache.geronimo.kernel.GBeanNotFoundException:
geronimo.server:J2EEApplication=null,J2EEModule=org/apache/geronimo/RuntimeDeployer,J2EEServer=geronimo,j2eeType=Deployer,name=Deployer
not found