Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by "David S." <cu...@eticomm.net> on 2001/06/06 22:41:16 UTC

redirect cgi scripts

Hello

I have this index.html at www.eticomm.net/~cupcake:

	<HTML>
 	 content="0; URL=http://www.eticomm.net/~cupcake/index.cgi"
	</HTML>

It calls index.cgi:

	#!/bin/sh

	echo Content-type: text/html
	echo
	cat  index.html_default

This works fine on most web sites, but I just installed redhat
and brought up the default apache web server there. Now, rather than
have this file execute, it just displays its text on my browser.

In desperation, I tried including the mime_magic_module but my
efforts made no difference.

1. Is there something in the httpd.conf file which will empower filename
suffixes?

2. How do I start the admin server?

3. I want to run a java web server on apache: do you recommend
that I use JRun? Would TomCat replace JRun, or should I go with
JServ?

As for why I'm here, I read the mailing list lists and this seemed
the most appropriate? If there is a better list devoted to
using apaqche for java server pages, please let me know.

Thanks,

David Starr

Re: redirect cgi scripts

Posted by robert burrell donkin <ro...@mac.com>.
On Wednesday, June 6, 2001, at 09:41 PM, David S. wrote:

> Hello

hi david.

> 1. Is there something in the httpd.conf file which will empower filename
> suffixes?
>
> 2. How do I start the admin server?

i guess that these two are really apache server questions and for good
answers you'd be better asking at a apache server mailing list - ideally
one concerned with apache on red hat. i don't know about 2. but the
answer to 1. (and your cgi problem) is yes but rather than giving you
some half-baked guestimate, i strongly advice you to find a good apache
server mailing list and ask on there.

> 3. I want to run a java web server on apache: do you recommend
> that I use JRun? Would TomCat replace JRun, or should I go with
> JServ?

go tomcat!

> As for why I'm here, I read the mailing list lists and this seemed
> the most appropriate? If there is a better list devoted to
> using apaqche for java server pages, please let me know.

once you've gone tomcat, subscribe to the tomcat-user mailing list and
ask your tomcat questions there.

- robert