Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Jared Peterson <jp...@softprotech.com> on 2001/12/07 20:57:24 UTC

Servlet Options

I have an interesting situation were I am interested in not necessarily
running a soap service on a central server but possibly on individual
client machines.  This client soap service would act as a gateway to
local machine functionality and other local LAN capability.  I was
wondering if anyone knows of any lighter weight servlet options other
than tomcat.  Can I expose Apache SOAP via some other mechanism that
would not have such a large footprint on the client machine?  I need
something very light weight that can handle the soap calls.  I would be
curios to here suggestions.  Has anyone else out there tried to do this?
Thanks a lot

Jared

Re: Servlet Options

Posted by Jeff Linwood <je...@greenninja.com>.
I don't know if you're set on using open source software, but
you might want to check out GLUE, from The Mind Electric at
http://www.themindelectric.com/ - it's free, and personally, I find it much
easier to use than Apache SOAP 2.  It has a lot of the advanced features of
Axis.

It has the ability to run in its own servlet container.

-jeff

Re: Servlet Options

Re: Servlet Options

Posted by Mark Jones <ma...@booksys.com>.