Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/15 13:38:23 UTC

Issue with french accent

Hi,

I have created a xxx_fr.properties file to translate labels from English to
French. During the display, the french accents are removed the html page. I
have tried to use in the properties file the following syntax :

table.repertory = R&eacute;pertoire

but that does not help too

Regards,

Charles M.

RE: Issue with french accent

Posted by Chris Colman <ch...@stepaheadsoftware.com>.
I was recently working for a French company where I had lots of issues
with the French accent ;)

Alf = half
en-jine = engine
inerf = enough

Sure made for some amusing moments for all involved.

I don't think Wicket can fix that though :0

Re: Issue with french accent

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Better use XML properties. There is no need to UTF encode the special
characters.
In Wicket 1.5 just rename the file to xxx_fr.properties.xml
and the structure is
<entry key="someKey">someValue</entry>

See java.util.Properties#loadFromXml() for more details.

In Wicket 1.4 the file extension is .xml.

In .properties file you need to encode the special chars as \u1234.
You can use Java's native2ascii or
http://www.wicket-library.com/wicket-examples/unicodeconverter

On Mon, Aug 15, 2011 at 2:44 PM, Andreas Pieber <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Not sure what is the correct setting. But if you use eclipse you can try the
> propedit plugin translating such chars correctly.
>
> Kind regards, Andreas
> On Aug 15, 2011 1:39 PM, "Charles Moulliard" <cm...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have created a xxx_fr.properties file to translate labels from English
>> French. During the display, the french accents are removed the html page.
>> have tried to use in the properties file the following syntax :
>>
>> table.repertory = R&eacute;pertoire
>>
>> but that does not help too
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Charles M.