Posted to log4cxx-dev@logging.apache.org by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com> on 2017/03/11 17:04:32 UTC

Moving the project from the incubator to Logging Services

The Logging Services PMC has voted to move Log4cxx out of the incubator back into Logging Services. I will start a vote on the Incubator general list to accomplish this. After the vote completes we can discuss whether the code should stay in subversion of move to git.

Ralph

Re: Moving the project from the incubator to Logging Services

Posted by Ralph Goers <ra...@dslextreme.com>.
There was no vote. I don’t know how we would get 3 binding votes.

Ralph

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.
Thorsten,

On Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 4:50 AM Thorsten Schöning <ts...@am-soft.de>
wrote:

> Guten Tag John D. Ament,
> am Samstag, 11. März 2017 um 18:45 schrieben Sie:
>
> > [...]I just want to confirm you're aware of the goal. I didn't see a
> > community graduation vote from the podling.
>
> I think I am: Incubation failed and log4cxx might be moved back under
> the logging services umbrella as somewhat inactive project like
> log4php, to be able to work on it and provide support as needed. The
> docs say a graduation vote is recommended instead of required and like
> Ralph already mentioned, because of the lack of community it doesn't
> seem to make much sense at all.
>
> I was not aware I'm expected to start one in this special case, but
> obviously don't want to stand in the way. So please just tell me what
> you expect me to do, besides following the discussion of course.

Actually no, the term community is vague enough that its effectively anyone
who's interested in the project.  There's nothing more for you to do.  In
this case, Ralph is serving with the community's interest.  At the same
time, I don't think its fair to vote on the subject here, since  its a team
of one.

Just to point out - incubation never *fails* - the desired results simply
weren't met.

Posted by Thorsten Schöning <ts...@am-soft.de>.
Guten Tag John D. Ament,

Posted by "John D. Ament" <jo...@apache.org>.