Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Pierre-Luc Dion <pd...@apache.org> on 2017/07/09 12:46:27 UTC

[DISCUSS] drop support for CentOS6 with 4.10

Since 4.10 require JDK8, should we drop support for CentOS 6 as OS for
management-server and usage ?

all the Upgrade path tests I've made was by creating new management server
on CentOS 7 that have updated tomcat and openJDK 8.  our packages (RPMs)
install well on centos7 and I'm not away somebody test them on centos6.

Should we call a vote on this?  I'm writing the upgrade part of the release
notes and I would focus on centos7 only. we should also update our Quick
Install Guide...

Thanks,

PL

Re: [DISCUSS] drop support for CentOS6 with 4.10

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.
CentOS 6 <http://wiki.centos.org/FAQ/CentOS6>

CentOS-6 updates until November 30, 2020

CentOS 7 <http://wiki.centos.org/FAQ/CentOS7>

CentOS-7 updates until June 30, 2024

End of support dates from
https://wiki.centos.org/FAQ/General#head-fe8a0be91ee3e7dea812e8694491e1dde5b75e6d

Is there any reason why anyone would still be installing CentoOS6 on a
new installation?
I have not had any trouble running anything on CentoOS 7  that ran on
CentOS 6.

Is there any reason why someone would want to upgrade Cloudstack on a
Centos6 installation where upgrading to Centos 7 would be a problem.

It would certainly simplify documentation/instructions if one does not
have to sort through /etc/init.d... and systemctl ... at every step that
involves system functions.

Ron

--
Ron Wheeler
President

Re: [DISCUSS] drop support for CentOS6 with 4.10

Posted by Will Stevens <wi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Rohit.

On Jul 12, 2017 6:32 AM, "Rohit Yadav" <ro...@shapeblue.com> wrote:

Hi Will,

I'm not sure what you want, but the scripts/files are here:

https://github.com/shapeblue/Trillian/tree/master/Ansible/roles

- Rohit

________________________________

rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com
@shapeblue

rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue

Re: [DISCUSS] drop support for CentOS6 with 4.10

rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue

Re: [DISCUSS] drop support for CentOS6 with 4.10

Posted by Rohit Yadav <ro...@shapeblue.com>.

rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue

Re: [DISCUSS] drop support for CentOS6 with 4.10

Posted by Will Stevens <wi...@gmail.com>.

rohit.yadav@shapeblue.com
www.shapeblue.com
@shapeblue

Re: [DISCUSS] drop support for CentOS6 with 4.10

Posted by Pierre-Luc Dion <pd...@apache.org>.