Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Portuendo Vestado <te...@yahoo.com.br> on 2006/12/13 03:33:46 UTC

Release plugin

Hi all,

When using "mvn release:prepare" on an aggregate project, it updates project
and module pom versions to non-SNAPSHOT (1.0.0 vs 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT), and then
fails with a message that one of the module artifacts v. 1.0.0 cannot be
found (which makes sense since they haven't been deployed to local/remote
repositories yet).

Then, as a test, I'm attempting to run "mvn deploy" against the parent
project; and same message shows up. This didn't happen when I wanted to
deploy a snapshot version.

Does that mean I'd have to release each sub-project one-by-one, and not as
part of the parent aggregate project?

Re: Release plugin

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.
On 12/12/06, Portuendo Vestado <te...@yahoo.com.br> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> When using "mvn release:prepare" on an aggregate project, it updates
> project
> and module pom versions to non-SNAPSHOT (1.0.0 vs 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT), and
> then
> fails with a message that one of the module artifacts v. 1.0.0 cannot be
> found (which makes sense since they haven't been deployed to local/remote
> repositories yet).

did you try it with -DdryRun=true? to see if all your pom got modified
correctly?

Then, as a test, I'm attempting to run "mvn deploy" against the parent
> project; and same message shows up. This didn't happen when I wanted to
> deploy a snapshot version.

This is side effect of the first issue

Re: Release plugin

Posted by Markku Saarela <ma...@iki.fi>.
Hi,

try using the *preparationGoals* maven-release-plugin in order to do an
install instead of integration-test:

<configuration>
        <*preparationGoals*>clean install</*preparationGoals*>
</configuration>

- markku