Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Mauro Sergio Silva <ma...@automaware.com.br> on 2004/02/23 23:07:50 UTC

Hibernate/Spring/Tapestry;

Hi,
I've see a lot of comments about people using spring framework to glue
tapestry and hibernate applications in tapestry user list and in spring,
in fact in the spring reference manual the tapestry example is using
hibernate as ORM.
So I've decide to learn a bit about Spring, at first I read the Martin
Fowler article about IOC or Dependency Injection, that was how he calls
the type of Ioc that Spring is.

He talks to types of Ioc 1,2 and 3 or like he calls Interface Injection,
Setter Injection and Constructor Injection.

The Spring Framework was developed as Setter Injection but now is an
Constructor Injection too, even In the documentation they say the setter
injection is the preferred approach (not to me).

After that I read some parts of Spring Documentation and it seams to be
very cool to se how easy will be develop and application using tapestry
and Hibernate using spring at a glue.
-          The way You configure Hibernate is cool,
-          The Dao pattern is there .
-          The way you could deal if transactions tool
-          And The way they expose the session to Tapestry is nice too,
In fact Is very cool see the ref doc Talking about Tapestry with
Hibernate, see this communities closer seams be nice..

Yesterday I was reading the Howard M. Lewis, and he talks about HiveMind
, Spring and Hibernate.. I take a look in the HiveMind Alpha
documentation and seams
Very nice .I was thinking to try refractory the Pet Shop application
using Spring and Hibernate..but now .. See HiveMind Hibernate and
Tapestry together would be fantastic.

What I don't now is if the time HiveMind stay in the stage that Spring
is with Hibernate Will be before the next application I will develop and
so I will try Pet Shop with Spring to see it working ..

RE: Hibernate/Spring/Tapestry;

Posted by David Solis <ds...@legosoft.com.mx>.
The Hivemind/Spring/Hibernate/Tapestry combination looks terrific.
Spring Hibernate support is very complete better than HibernateMonitor.

I'm working in a kind of middleware using Hivemind and iBatis (because
we have to use stored procedures). Spring has iBatis support too but I
haven't used and I guess is for 1.29 version.
When I finished, I'll port an application to use
Hivemind/Spring/Hibernate/Tapestry.

Regards

D.