Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Tim Hopper <ti...@distilnetworks.com> on 2016/06/23 18:10:54 UTC

Terminal bolt has extremely large number of acks

I have a fairly simple linear topology with a spout and 2 bolts. The middle
bolt emits 1 tuple for everyone 1 it takes in. The final bolt writes to
kafka. However, I am seeing 70x more tuple emitted from the terminal bolt
than from the middle bolt. Looking at the __acker, I see that those tuples
are in the form of acks from this last bolt. But in my code, the incoming
tuples are being ack-ed exactly once. Why would I see so many emitted acks?

I’m on Storm 1.0.1.